CBBC & Deluxe Media Europe
I worked as part of a team with Deluxe Media Europe and the BBC to help create the CBBC’s mobile app. My involvement in the project started identifying the aims of the app and creating initial concept ideas with the CBBC team.
Throughout the course of the project I liased with and advised the CBBC team on how to design for mobile, and was personally responsible for the design of the app transitions, inapp games and optimisation of all the assets for the development team. It was a great pleasure working with the BBC who were truly innovative and on the ball.
The overarching visual design and UX was mostly done by CBBC’s own inhouse team who did an amazing job. My involvement included;
- initial app concept UX and visual style ideas,
- advising CBBC on how to design for native mobile & tablet apps (this was the first app that the in-house CBBC team had worked on),
- wireframing for prototypes,
- creating app transition ideas and guide videos,
- complete UX/UI and visual design of the in-app games,
- optimisation of all development assets for phone and tablet on both iOS and Android,
- liasing with multiple stakeholders, designers and developers at Deluxe and BBC,
The resulting app is fun, explorative, engaging and has proven to be a massive success, reaching the number 1 spot on the Apple App Store in the Children’s section.