R3PI – Solera Holdings
Solera Holdings provide software and services to the car insurance industry and are the biggest in their field. If you make a car insurance claim anywhere in the world, then your claim is probably logged and dealt with using Solera software. R3PI was Solera’s innovation hub, given the task of creating disruptive and innovative ideas and products.
I worked on R3PI’s Digital Garage app (iOS and Android) which was aimed to allow users to digitally manage and interact with their vehicles. The product team included a UX researcher, unity, iOS and Android developers and several designers in the UK. There was a design team in the US too which I was responsible for liaising with. I lead the design of numerous new features for the app and also initiated UX and design projects aimed to make the design and development of the apps more efficient and to help better identify and steer the direction of the product.
My time with Solera was mainly made up of ideation, wireframing, prototyping and UI/visual design of new features. Other tasks that I took on included;
- Creation of styleguides and specs for app components and features,
- Creation of a UI/component library,
- Review of recent UX research and user testing done just prior to me joining,
- Identifying requirements,
- Help define product/brand personality,
- Creating personas,
- Working with stakeholders and team leads to lay out a design roadmap,
- Designs for how the apps would with connected devices,
- Creation of animations for the apps and promotional movies,