Go CBBC Mobile App
I worked as part of a team with Deluxe Media Europe and the BBC to help create the CBBC’s mobile app. My involvement in the project started identifying the aims of the app and creating initial concept ideas with the CBBC team. Throughout the course of the project I liased with and advised the CBBC team on how to design for mobile, and was personally responsible for the design of the app transitions, in-app games and optimisation of all the assets for the development team. It was a great pleasure working with the BBC who were truly innovative and on the ball. The resulting app is fun, explorative, engaging and has proven to be a massive success.
The app’s overarching visual design and UI/UX was mostly created by CBBC’s own in-house team. My involvement included;
- initial app concept ideas,
- advising on app spec, UI/UX and designing for mobile,
- wireframing for prototypes,
- creating app transition ideas and guide videos,
- complete design of several in-app games including Micro-Mania, Midnight Sneak and Selfies,
- design of UI for those in-app games,
- optimisation of all development assets for phone and tablet on both iOS and Android,
- liasing with Deluxe, multiple stakeholders at the BBC and the development teams,
The CBBC app is currently available from Apple, Amazon and Android App Stores.
- Date: September 2014
- Client: BBC, Deluxe Media
- Skills: 3D, Mobile, Motion Graphics, UI, UX, Visual Design