Go CBBC Mobile App
I worked as part of a team with Deluxe Media Europe and the BBC to help create the CBBC’s mobile app. My involvement in the project started with identifying the aims and requirements of the app, working out initial flows and mocking up concept ideas with the CBBC team. Throughout the course of the project I liaised with and advised the CBBC team on how to design for mobile and was personally responsible for the design of the app transitions, in-app games and optimisation of all the assets for the development teams. It was an absolute pleasure working with CBBC who were truly innovative and always open to suggestions. The resulting app is fun, explorative, engaging and has proven to be a massive success on the Apple App Store, Amazon and Google Play Stores.
On this project, my involvement included;
- identifying requirements,
- design of personas,
- initial UX concepts,
- initial visual style concepts,
- advising on app spec,
- advising on UI/UX for mobile,
- creation of prototypes (clickthrough and video),
- creating app transition ideas and guide videos,
- complete design of several in-app games including Micro-Mania, Midnight Sneak and Selfies,
- optimisation of all assets for phone and tablet on both iOS and Android,
- liaising with Deluxe, multiple stakeholders at the BBC and the development teams,
- analysing user testing results to make any improvements to UX/ UI.
The CBBC app is currently available from Apple, Amazon and Google Play App Stores.
- Date: September 2014
- Client: BBC, Deluxe Media
- Skills: 3D, Mobile, Motion Graphics, UI, UX, Visual Design